Mark

Default Hydronic Unit heater motor question.

Hoping someone can offer some guidance. I do want to state that I will not
be doing the work myself but will have a licensed electrician replace the
motor in my unit heater if it is a good option. I am asking here instead of
playing phone tag with the electrician and waiting two weeks for a call back
plus I know there are a lot of experienced folks here that can tell me if
I'm thinking in the right direction.

Here's the question:

I have a Reznor vertical hydronic unit heater model hh-175. It's currently
used for on-demand heating of a garage. The heater has a 1/30 hp motor that
turns at 1550 rpm's. Problem I'm having is that the heater puts out some
decent heat and raises the temp of the room but not quite enough to overcome
the drafts in the old building when it's really cold out. The hot water to
the heater is about 190 degrees which according the heater manual produces
about 60k btus at about 550 cfm. The hot water return on the heater is still
extremely hot so it appears that the heater does not deplete the heat from
the coils all that much. What I'd like to do is put a larger motor on it to
try and increase the cfm's to use more of the heat that appears to be
available. Doing the also may increase air circulation in the room to spread
the heat around a bit more also. Does this sound like a good or a bad idea
?

Thanks,

Mark