Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 20:47:33 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 11/02/2018 19:01, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

My last 4th generation Kindle came without, but the same item had one
included a couple of years back.

It also give toddlers something to practice on before they progress to
the 13A shuttered sockets.

If you are sure its an isolated SELV device and not some cheap
switchmode supply that may well be reference to mains?

I dont think an smps is deliberately referenced to the mains. Without
a ground reference, most SMPS provide a slight tingle, capacitive
pickup I presume.

AB