Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

On 11/02/18 18:05, soup wrote:
I fitted some of these on the living room wiring.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bg-13a-2-...er-white/8534f

Screwfix ones shown as an example as I can't remember what ones I
actually fitted

Just lately one packed up all together and just today one of them feels
as if one of the USB sockets has physically given up the ghost.

Â*I suspect these have broken as they were cheap is there any
recommendation on type to get for longevity.
Edinburgh Scotland region if applicable.

Yeah - don't bother, replace with a decent socket, and buy a slimline
plugtop USB charger.

Apart from what you found, the USB charging standards improve every
couple of years and any charging socket will be obsolete in terms of
providing the max charging current soon enough.