Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 18:05:14 +0000
soup wrote:

I fitted some of these on the living room wiring.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bg-13a-2-...er-white/8534f
Screwfix ones shown as an example as I can't remember what ones I
actually fitted

Just lately one packed up all together and just today one of them
feels as if one of the USB sockets has physically given up the ghost.

I suspect these have broken as they were cheap is there any
recommendation on type to get for longevity.
Edinburgh Scotland region if applicable.

I don't understand the appeal of these - a plug top USB PSU is nearly
as neat, and is easily replaced if it fails, while you can use a
multi-socket USB PSU if you need to feed more devices. If you don't
have sufficient 13A outlets to supply your USB needs then fit some more
ordinary 13A sockets or use trailing power strips.