Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Another typical anti-Brexit BBC spin...

In article , Mark
writes
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 08:07:05 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 08/02/2018 21:53, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/02/2018 16:52, Mark wrote:
a) We don't have ZIRP.

I'm saving for my retirement. I struggle to find something with a real
positive interest rate - one above inflation.

b) Low interest rates are a good thing, given the indebtidness that is
prevalent now.

And it also discourages people from saving. Which means they'll all be
completely dependent on the few taxpayers left once they stop working.

People save by buying their second house as a holiday home when interest
rates are low.

Only the very rich can do this.

Friend of mine has just done this -retired teacher. Must be over paying
teachers then.
--
bert