Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Another typical anti-Brexit BBC spin...

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 19:51:00 +0000, Ash Burton
wrote:

On 10/02/2018 19:32, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 19:05:57 +0000, Ash Burton
wrote:

On 10/02/2018 18:41, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 17:46:34 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

snip

A nation's interests is first and foremost in
its own citizens, if it is functioning correctly.

Then it obviously isn't, if only 1/3rd of the electorate can decide
what the rest have to do.

This is even more ludicrous when there is *no* clear evidence that us
leaving the EU *is* the best thing for *our citizens*.

If you are confident that leaving is what 'most people' want, why will
you not consider the democratic step of giving people facts not BS and
letting them vote, as it should have been the first time round.

2/3rds want out, we leave, if not, we don't.

No fanatical Brexiteer would want that of course as they fully realise
they have got away with the whole Brexit scam and wouldn't get the
same result if it was done *democratically*.

snip

Cheers, T i m.

What was *undemocratic* about the 2016 referendum?

The government, the people that called the referendum lied. It isn't
democratic to call a referendum and then feed the gullible thickos of
society with porkys.

Beside the fact that your lot *lost*?

With the exception of a select few, the whole of Britain lost.

Whatever happens from this point on, the waste and damage to jobs has
been horrendous, and by the governments own figures, things will get
far, far worse.

The only industry that is forecast to benefit, is the fishing
industry.

I know enough about fishing to confidently predict that any benefit
would be very short lived and that's assuming other countries will
"play the game" and not set sights on our waters.

Even the aircraft carriers with aircraft dont make very good inshore
water protection vessels.

AB

That's defeatist nonsense.

No honest, take it from me. they would ground.

Thats why we have harbours dredged and locks and things.

I think the defeat was when we ordered carriers and didn't have any
planes.

252 Billion for a botched Brexit wont even leave the wherewithall for
a few Maplin drones.

AB