Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default [OT] Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

"pamela" wrote in message
On 09:26 10 Feb 2018, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:14 9 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
pamela wrote:
On 01:13 9 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
tim... wrote:
The UK is the supplicant in this negotiation and we can
fully expect to concede to accepting more Indian
immigrants than might like in exchange for a trade deal.

No we wont

we will walk away

Yup. And soon realise there are no countries left to walk
away from.

That was India. Last November Austrialia was highly critical of
our post Brexit trade plans.

If we can't strike a deal with friendly ex-Commonwealth
countries like India and Australia then we will find it even
harder striking good deals with other countries.

Big players like China and the US show all the signs of making
it hard for us.

What's left? Maybe we will strike a deal with South Africa.
In exchange for more of their immigrants, no doubt.

The whole point. We need trade deals to replace the EU. And
despite the optimists saying the world would be queueing up to
do deals with the UK post Brexit, absolutely no sign of that.

Especially the even wilder optimism that other countries would
fall over themselves to give a really good deal to the UK. Like
we were somehow entitled to one.

Of course all of them will be delighted to flood the UK with
*their* goods, once out of the EU.

Any notion that we will get cushy trade deals is bonkers. The
only queue forming to do trade with post-Brexit Britain is
composed of vultures waiting to squeeze us for all we've got.

It is true that there are some vultures in the list, but they
aren't all vultures

it is also true that there are the counties that the press lists
as being at the top of the list

But they are wrong. The vultures will be at the bottom of this
list when we come do do the deals.

The queue is composed entirely of vultures. Big vultures and little
vultures. They are vultures all.

Trade is not international assistance. It's not foreign aid nor
charitable giving. It's not benevolence.

As Trump's statements show, trade is about getting the best deal you
can and forget about how much it costs the other party.

if that were the case almost no-one would make a deal

most deals are about seeking a win-win (at the expense of ROW that the deal
excludes)

if you don't get that, one party will walk away

tim