Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Opposed piston Diesel engines / was interesting engines

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 07:51:14 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 20:27:01 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 09:38:04 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

The government paid big bucks for me to replace the seat, arm
rests
and wheel bearings on a wheelchair at a factory-authorized
dealership.
I don't know where the guy who sold refurbs out of an old barn
for -much- less got his parts, maybe China?

In the 21st century, or before?

https://www.yellowpages.com/concord-...pment-supplies

According to my neighbor, Medicare won't pay to rent or buy used
items
for Medicare patients. The local rental place confirmed that when
we
picked up the walker and wheelchair for her dad 4 years ago. He
could
buy anything he wanted, but the gummint would only cover new items.
I'm wondering if this is a new thing.

So, the questions were
1) When were you were paid by the gov't to refurb stuff?
and
2) To whom was rented/sold? (not including the F/A dealer)

1) I was never paid directly by the government, though I fixed VA
hospital equipment. The time frame was around 2005.
2) Individuals and facilities who needed it. I knew nothing about
billing beyond the time spent and parts replaced.

OK, thanks. I wonder if the VA was/is different in usage allowances.

--
Stoop and you'll be stepped on;
stand tall and you'll be shot at.