Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Shipping Options For Live Edge Slab?

On 2/10/2018 10:53 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 11:21:47 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/10/2018 9:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I came home from work yesterday and found this leaning against my house.

http://i.imgur.com/GDv2Odp.jpg

My son got it from a friend and wants to make something with it. The problem is that the friend
(and me) live in Western NY and my son lives in Las Vegas. A mere 2300 miles. I'm planning
on calling around and looking for the cheapest shipping option, so my first call is to all the smart
folks in the wRec. Any ideas?

33" x 30 x 2.5 weighing in at 75lbs.

If anyone is headed in that direction, I could meet you part way. ;-)

What ever you make, I would be concerned about the relative humidity in
LV vs. from where you build and ship from.

He's doing the building. I'm just doing the shipping.

Although, SWMBO did say that if I can't come up with a cost effective way to ship it
my son can enjoy the picture of the table I made from it. ;-)

Cut it up so that it fits into a USPS bulk rate shipping box. ;~)