Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default T12 & T8 tubes

Yes people are saying that leds are more piercing than the old tubes even
when supposed to be the same colour temp. I still have tubes but then they
do not get used much unless i have people round these days, no point!

It might be nice though to get shot of the buzzing chokes syndrome!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 13:16:54 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Have a pretty old twin 6 ft fitting (ballast and starter) where an
original T12 tubes has failed. Replaced it with a T8 - which is very
noticeably dimmer than the other old T12. Swapping them makes no
difference, so not the control gear?

Blurb says they are more efficient than T12. Does that also mean less
light?

Thought you of all people would have converted to LEDs by now, Dave!

You thought very wrong.

The actual light is more important to me than just running costs.

--
*The modem is the message *

Dave Plowman
London SW