Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default Another typical anti-Brexit BBC spin...

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 14:50:55 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 10/02/2018 02:46, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 02:04:48 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 10/02/2018 01:16, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 00:34:03 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
It's an obscenity that houses can be snapped up by those with access
to funds then rented out at ridiculous sums to those with almost
nothing.

The obscenity is there is a shortage, encouraging speculators. They know
there is no will to build any more, despite the hot air. Its a major
reason for Brexit.

Nothing to do with Brexit. Tory policy. Sell off all the social housing
you can at a discount, to those who can afford to buy. Then the up and
coming poor have to rent in the private sector, putting the profits into
Tory pockets. Including any housing benefit. You just know it makes sense.
To a moron.

Thank God. Sometimes I feel that the entire country has lost sight of
the Blasted obvious.

Are you are so stupid to believe when houses are sold they can no longer
house families? Really?

They are going into the private sector and not being replaced, the
homes are being sold on the open market and social housing is not
being built anymore.

So not having a direct affect on housing demand then.

Of course it is. Many people cannot afford housing on the open
market, and there's all those houses kept empty deliberatly.

Often the houses are not even occupied, the UK is full of vacant
properties, just being kept for investment.

More in London, and a consequence of rising prices and knowledge
governments won't build more houses.

Hence reducing the supply and therefore increasing the demand.

It's a skewed market, the normal rules of supply and demand do not
hold because supply is limited artificially.

The same rules apply. Shortage in housing means rising prices.

Denial is futile.

Resistance is futile.

The current shortage has been going ever since the sell off started,
bbut that was driven by greed, powergrabbing and a bit of ameteurish
social engineering. Or were you on another planet when Shirly Porter
was getting rid of the labour voting peasants?

No, there was a glut in the 90s and prices dropped. A successful economy
meant prices increased, and when the floodgates were open in 2005 or so,
prices kept going up.

Nothing to do with a successfully economy. More down to greed.

--snip--

What Brexit will do is shift the supply and demand from the employer to
the worker's benfit

No, quite the opposite.

It wont cause the UK problems because it will be a case of work or
die.

State benefits are there to stop the dying. You have heard of JSA, HB etc?

Which are all being cut.

Of course it's all scaremongering to the Brexiteers, but there are
Brexiteers that are too thick to see what's happening and Brexiteers
that are going to do very well indeed from the mess.

We'll have to see what happens, so far so good. Some of us have already
seem a pay increase, something that hasn't happened for 10 years due to
suppressed wages from immigration.

Er I think that if you ask someone, they may just mention that we are
still in the EU.

But moving in the right direction. The immigration has been slowed.

Yes, but this is not moving in the right direction. There are many
jobs now that are not being filled.

Nothing has happened yet, apart from the pound plummeting. So the wage
rises are not something to be happy about, they are simply less of a
wage drop than the general population have had to suffer.

And so makes up for the WTO tariffs. It should help business. Thank god
we're not stuck with the Euro.

We're not "stuck with the EURO" anyway. However leaving the EU will
compromise all our trade deals, and not just with EU members.

Neither would welcome debate on the subject.

Not much point when you keep your fingers in your ears.

Well maybe you should listen more?

I do, I am not happy with David Davies style of negotiation. He could do
a lot better. But at the same time fee we're being sold out by Remoaners
who wish for doom and gloom. Economies can be talked up as well as down.

And the biggest talkers "down" are the Brexiters.

If you can accept why people voted for Brexit,

Still baffles me why many people voted for Brexit - Xenophobia or
believing slogans on the side of a bus are the main possible
explanations.

then we have moved forward.

Yes. The polls indicate that more people are in favour of staying in
the EU now, which explains why fanatic Brexiters are so scared of
another referendum.

The future is uncertain,

Due to impending Brexit.

but can't be any worse that allowing
workers from developing countries to come to the UK and reduce wages.

Rubbish. Unemployment is low and many vacancies cannot be filled now.
Do we see a rise in wages? No.

You might see that unemployment is at record lows. That is one indicator
for wage rises in the pipe-line.

It's not happening.

--
insert witty sig here