Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default Another typical anti-Brexit BBC spin...

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 14:32:53 +0000, Tim Watts

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/02/18 23:59, Fredxx wrote:
On 09/02/2018 21:36, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Migrants are not the problem, once again they are being used as a
scapegoat for tha failiures of government.

They are only a problem in terms of housing demand due to their numbers.
Are you in denial the UK population has increased by 3m over the past 10
years?

7.6 million between 1998 and 2017 (ONS data) of which net immigration
was 4.5 million from a starting point of 58.5 million.

13% increase in 20 years.

Of course that affected house prices, put massive pressure on the NHS
and other infrastructure - anyone who says otherwise would have to be
quite deluded.

Odd that all the shops and so on seemed to cope perfectly well with this
extra population. Unless you have queues for them round your way - like
some failed state.

Well yes - shops are small scale investments, free from central
government policy at least concerning their existence and are thus
highly liquid in their ability to grow and contract to changes in the
market.

Whereas railway lines, hospitals and major housing increases are the
opposite.

True. Which is a good reason for more investment there.

Round my way, every time a new housing project is proposed, half the
village starts whining about "losing the character", "pressure on the
roads" etc.

And who are usually ignored.

These contain a number of the same people who were very
vocal in their support of "refugees" last year - though they seem to
have gone a bit quiet on that recently.

Do you really know this?

The correct answer would be to have not exploded the population - but
that was Blair's doing (and every government since who failed to do
anything).

There are many reasons for the population rising. One major factor is
people living longer However the government is trying to address this
issue with cuts to the NHS.

However, we can't undo that past - what we can do is stop making it
worse and then go build some houses.

As others have said is not just about building houses. We need to
make sure empty houses are not just used as investments and allow
people to live in them.

Council houses that are sold off should be replaced.

--
insert witty sig here