Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Buffing and Polishing

On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 3:29:23 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:

I was thinking of maybe making a tiny soft cloth wheel to fit a rotary
hand piece mandrel and having a go at it some polishing compound.

I have a Harbor Freight 4 inch nylon polishing wheel either item number 91372 or 60325 that I use a lot in a drill press. The drill press is a 16 speed and needs to be set to a fairly high speed. I would recommend you get one or essentially the same from MSC or another vendor.

I think it will do what you want or at least be a great start before using your smaller polishing wheel.

Even if it does not solve this problem , you will find it useful and it is not expensive.

" Works good , lasts a long time "

Dan