Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default [OT] Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:
Say country A sells beef to country B and country B sells cattle food
country A. We would like to sell our beef to them. That has
implications
on their existing deal.

Trade deals have to be comprehensive

They have to cover every product class

No they don't. For example, some countries have what we consider
prescription drugs freely available. It would be a nonsense to allow them
free access to our market. So any deal will always cover individual
products.

That's got nothing to do with how the wholesaler sources his product

it is a retail restriction

Trade deals cover importation rules, not retail rules

you cannot just pick a couple of sectors where you want to improve
relationship and forget the rest

Glad you've realised that. Which simply proves the Brexiteers were lying
through their teeth when they said we'd get the deal we wanted with the EU
after leaving.

the deal that we want with the EU IS a comprehensive deal (otherwise they
would cherry pick just the bits that are good for them)

tim