Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
bert wrote:
I had an MRI scan done recently on the NHS. Also by a private
company. And this in London. Where you'd think the large hospitals
could make full use of their own. Rather than paying for a private
companies profits.

So why didn't you exercise your patients choice and insist on a scan
in an NHS hospital?

My local hospital - a very large one - didn't offer it. Which
surprised me.

I was told by one of the consultants that if they find something using
MRI they probably can't treat it anyway.

Dunno - it was a lower back scan.

That was a few years ago when they used other tests first but some
appear to use MRI even when its a something minor these days.

My GP sent me for it on my first visit. It's not a life threatening
condition, merely a bit inconvenient at times. Probably mainly age
related.

I have had three CT scans since November so they might have to use MRI
on me if the radiation dose gets much higher.

They did offer me a choice of locations in London where this private firm
had their MRI units. Including a hospital not that far away. But not
knowing it, or its parking arrangements, made more sense to go to
Waterloo, which is an easy PT journey for me.

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.