Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Somebody had clearly forgotten to tell them what a rubbish chain it was before they opened their wallet

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Biggles writes:
JoeJoe Wrote in message:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42942922

I assume the VCs and management already received their bonuses for the
deal at Christmas time...

If the Norwich (S) branch is typical of the Bunnings effect, then
it won't be long before all of the branches close
down.

Well, I never even heard of Bunnings before...

Neither had I until I happened to pass by what used to be a Homebase. Not
having one on my day to day travels I hadn't noticed it before.

Obviously they didn't have any money to spend on advertising

perhaps this is why the fortunes of the company have floundered.

tim