Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do You Still Use Your Abrasive Saw(s) ?

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 22:03:00 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 2/8/2018 4:30 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
What do you guys think about MMO for lube on a
bandsaw? I do mostly steel tube or square stock cutting.

* I run bi-metal blades on both my 4x6 and my portaband and never use
any kind of lube . You just can't load these little saws enough -
assuming blade speed and tooth pitch are correct for what you're cutting
- to really need it .

I tend to use a drop or two when starting to cut with it. As to blade
speed and tooth pitch, yeah, I'm sure that occasionally one or the
other makes it within some tolerance for "correct". Maybe even both
on rare occasion. The variable speed function does allow for that,
though, so I at least try. 18tpi all. shrug

Thanks, Terry.

--
Stoop and you'll be stepped on;
stand tall and you'll be shot at.