Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reactive Overscanning

"By adding capacitance to the Horizontal Output Transistor (I believe you call it Line Output), the horizontal width will be affected. The HV (EHT?) will change a bit but it shouldn't be enough to cause issues. "

Adding capacitance across the primary (or any winding) of the flyback will decrease the HV, which I don't care. I watch at night and could turn it down. I only got it set bright so it doesn't shut down after startup. Adding that capacitance also will lengthen retrace time which would make the APPARENT overscan worse. I mean, with the increased retrace time it would SEEM to overscan more.