Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

In article ,
tim... wrote:
The whole point. We need trade deals to replace the EU. And despite the
optimists saying the world would be queueing up to do deals with the UK
post Brexit, absolutely no sign of that.

well of course they aren't queuing up whilst we are still ****ing around
with the "perhaps we'll stay in the CU" nonsense (FTAOD nonsense referring
to the fact that we still haven't decided not that it would, or wouldn't be,
a nonsense decision to do so)

They would have wasted their time if we did, so until we decide they are
doing something more immediately useful for their economy.

Quite. Like already be in some form of trade deal with others - which
could have implications on any new one we might want to make with them. In
exactly the same way as with the EU.

Say country A sells beef to country B and country B sells cattle food to
country A. We would like to sell our beef to them. That has implications
on their existing deal. And of course on others things they trade between
one another that we might want to muscle in on.

I'm rather surprised this isn't obvious. It's not a few hundred years ago
where the UK was the workshop of the world and our empire would buy
anything we produced, in exchange for raw materials, etc.

That place is now something like China.

--
*I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.