Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On 02/08/2018 10:17 PM, wrote:
My next big foray was writing in dBase. I came up with a barcode
inventory system we used for a $12 million parts inventory with 15
guys dipping into the pot and no dedicated "counter" man.
When you are dealing with CEs the trick is to make it easier than
using a pencil that they usually didn't use anyway.

I did a little inventory control project but it wasn't really my thing.
The company I worked for bought a shiny new IBM 5120 and I was elected
to figure out what to do with it. It was the only computer I ever saw
that had a keyboard set up for APL. It came with BRADS, which was a
******* stepchild of Rexx. Shudder...

The one thing I learned was data entry people NEVER look at the screen.
You could put up a flashing message that said 'Your pantyhose are on
fire' and they'd just keep typing along in the pattern they memorized.