Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 07:40:20 +0000, alan_m

I wouldn't care if they'd made the right decision.

They did.

A third of the electorate also exercised their democratic rights and
decided not to vote therefore leaving the decision making to all those
who could be bothered.

Alan, you try to come across as having a reasonable grasp on all this
but in some areas you really don't seem to have a clue.

Could you try to take your 'fanatic Brexiteer' hat off for a second
and try to imagine what the whole Brexit mess looks like to someone
who isn't particularly politically motivated or on some crusade?

Turn on the radio or TV or open any newspaper and you will see the two
sides still at loggerheads re all this. If it was so obvious what the
right decision was, why isn't everyone behind it by now?

So, let's pretend you don't actually have a crystal ball or good
clairvoyance skills and admit you really have no better idea *now*
what you voted for *then* and that you really don't *know* what the
outcome will actually be and how it might impact us in the future?

If you were honest, if you admitted you just have a hunch, you
*believe* that us leaving the EU will be better for most people
(assuming you care about 'most people' of course) then at least you
would gain some credibility for that alone (the honesty).

I have never stated that I know Leaving or Staying would be the best
for us because I'm not arrogant enough to think I have a clue ... and
any clues I might have would be based on seeing what is stated in the
final exit package.

On the vote itself, again try and look at it from a realist POV. Fact,
only 1/3 of the electorate voted to change from the status quo (and to
the complete unknown). Another 1/3rd actually voted to retain the
status quo so didn't actually vote for anything (new) but to retain
what they already had. The remaining 1/3rd of the electorate didn't
vote at all (I'm included in that) and for many of them that will be
because they didn't feel they were *able* to vote (a massive
difference to 'couldn't be bothered') because they had no idea what
they were actually voting for. Therefore, it was those people (who
could have easily made the difference) who you are completely
discounting for reasons you don't seem willing or able to understand?

Yes, Leave 'won', but it doesn't represent the 'will of the people'
and yet will affect all the people, for good or bad. Only someone on a
crusade, with an axe to grind or with low EQ would continue to push
for Leave under those circumstances.

To prove the validity of my final point I have challenged any of the
fanatical Brexiteers to lay out those points they voted for and what
likelihood they will happen and what percentage of each they expect to
happen. None have yet been able to do so suggesting they admit they
cannot answer that and so confirming my point that they actually voted
completely blind.

That's not the sort of decision making process I'd expect to be
considered acceptable for something this important.

Cheers, T i m