Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On 02/08/2018 04:43 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 9:49:25 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
I never learned touch typing, I just got used to it as i went. I can
type on a keyboard with no markings left on the keys. This confuses
others. Do you look at your gearstick (if you drive a stick shift) when
you change gear?

--

No. Nor do I look at my fingers when I'm playing a guitar or flute.
Typing, however, was meant to be done by secretaries.

Should I dictate my code and have a secretary type it up?

for open paren eye equals 0 to one thousand twenty three close paren curly brace

https://www.nuance.com/dragon.html

A friend is quadriplegic and type with two pencils held in special
splints. He said he thought about using Dragon but figured it wouldn't
be too long before he and his wheelchair were out in the parking lot up
on blocks.

I was born in the wrong generation. My brother, the rocket scientist in
the family, was quite a bit older than I. He retired as a VP at Morton
Thiokol and I don't think he had any working familiarity with keyboards.

He did have one secretarial revolt when he went to work at the Utah
facility. She was a good Mormon and making coffee was out of the question.