Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT / safety-testing - domestic lighting?

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 15:08:30 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 8 February 2018 13:32:11 UTC, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

If errors from these people can hit the market, then I would not have
too much faith in Argos acting as a "gateway" for goods.

I would until someone proved differnt.

I once was given a value hoover of theirs, and ended up using it twice before I planned to pass it to someone. It worked well, but the mains lead got hot _unwound_, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if not fully unwound. The noise level was so bad I had to wear ear defenders. I chopped the lead off & binned it on safety grounds, better no hoover than a total fire hazard.