Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default No More Landlords Or Realtors!

On 2/7/2018 11:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/7/18 11:34 PM, Leon wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
That's it!Â* I'm sick of it.
I am now going to ask the question, "Are you the owner/occupier of this
property" before taking on any more repair work.
I've had it with realtors and landlords who not only want you to use a
band-aid fix for everything, but they want you to buy the band-aids at
BigLots.

I finally told one, today, "You know, someone has to live here, right?"
She kept asking me which of the two repair options I would guarantee for
longer.
I actually chuckled and replied, "Oh, I'm not guaranteeing either of
these options.Â* I'll guarantee the work if you let me do it right."

They're trying to save a couple hundred dollars on a house they'll get
$2500 a month for in rent or make 50 grand on the sale.

One realtor asked me, "Why won't you just do it the way I want you to do
it."
I said, "Because I like to sleep at night."

There are plenty of people around here who are working illegally, not
paying insurance nor taxes, and don't know any better who can work for
these people.Â* No more, for me.

They have a lot of work to be offered.Â*Â* I would not turn them down,Â* I
would simply give them a price you are comfortable with, no compromising
your integrity.

Yeah, I guess there's always that.Â* I can quote a price, if they don't
bite... fine.

Exactly and FWIW I helped a buddy do this type work for about 5 years
and we found that if there was a job we really did not want to do, too
many days to complete, he would bid high. And oddly his high bid often won.

But man, it gets old dealing with the rolling eyes.

You have to educate them.

I had something in the music business I balled the B:B ratio.Â* Bull****
to benefit.
Sometimes there's just way to much bull**** that outweighs the benefit.

And that is when you bid really high. ;~)

I guess for these types of clients I'll break out my favorite motto...
"I may be slow, but at least I'm expensive."Â*Â*Â* :-D

When I ran the Oldsmobile service department in downtown Houston, many
years ago, I had a young service advisor that put me on the spot one
after noon. Actually I was pretty young too, 29. Anyway he introduced
me to a young lady customer of his and told me that she was having no
luck with getting her vehicle repaired at the other Old's dealerships.
The three of us were standing on the service drive when he told me again
what he told her. Ms. So'n'so you can have confidence that we will get
to the bottom of the problem and fix your car even if it takes every
penny you have! WHATTTTTTTT. They both busted out laughing, they were
dating and decided to pull one over on me. I fondly tell that story
over and over.

I guess I just had to vent.

No harm in that.