stuart noble

Default Cutting Kitchen Worktop

PoP wrote in message ...
As the worktop was soooooo heavy (it took
two to lift it) I did a rough cut with a circular saw a few inches
longer than I needed, knowing that the laminate would chip.

Surprisingly the laminate did not chip - and I did cut from the
laminate side.

Glad you said that. IME decent quality laminate doesn't chip with a circ
saw. I've known a saw cut completely wreck the face of cheap ply, but then
I've had a perfectly clean cut with good quality birch ply. I think we're
being encouraged to use routers for straight cuts when, in most cases, the
circ saw is perfectly adequate, and a whole lot faster.