Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Genie garage door opener won't work when temperature gets closeto freezing

On 2/7/18 7:14 PM, rebel47 wrote:
Opener kicks out when it gets just above freezing. I checked all the
settings
and everything seemed right. Then I took a small heater and put it on the
front of the unit, after about ten minutes it worked fine. I have
completed
this process several times. Any ideas as to why it works when warmed up?

If it is the screw drive type, I had same problem. You may need to
clean and regrease the screw. It gets gummy after some years and
sticks when cold. Genie says to use aircraft-grade Lubriplate.