Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT item about why the British won't pick fruit and veg.

On 07/02/2018 12:01, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Marland explained on 06/02/2018 :
Not even winter fuel payments or a bus pass,free prescriptions ,a bit of
state pension to go on top of your one gained as part of your career?

Those are part of my entitlement, which I take - I would be a fool not
to, but I made arrangements and planned my life and earnings, so as not
to be a burden on the system.

How is taking money not a burden on the system.
Its not as though you are drawing on a fund you paid into that is
earning "interest".

I intend to claim for anything I can get but I won't deny it being a
benefit. Not that I will be able to get any means tested benefits anyway
as I already have an income above minimum wage before I can get a state
pension (in six years). I will be paying income tax to pay out benefits
to others well into the future unless something happens.