Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Solar panel optimal orientation

Martin Brown wrote:
On 07/02/2018 11:13, Fevric J. Glandules wrote:

I have a solar powered lamp [0] to go in a passageway. The solar panel
will be mounted on a West-facing wall (and connected to the lamp by a
cable).

I'm wondering about the optimal placement of the panel.

It won't make that much difference - the batteries will be dead before
this winter is out.

Not necessarily. We have a solar powered security lamp from Lidl/Aldi that
has worked for years. It only has to light up for a few seconds at a time
very intermittently. It all depends on the usage.

We have solar powered radar operated please go round
the dangerous bend signs round here and they are dead at this time of
year a couple of hours after sunset and stone dead on frosty mornings.

Well its probably powering a lot more LEDs a lot more frequently!

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls