Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT item about why the British won't pick fruit and veg.

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
On Sunday, 4 February 2018 22:11:13 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...bs-in-cornwall

Does it say anywhere in the article (can't be arsed to read it), that
many UK people don't pick veg not because they don't want to, but they
can't *AFFORD* to. UKians have to pay UKian housing prices, Poles can
afford to come over hear and live in a caravan for three months and
earn enough to pay more than a years' rent back home.

Why do you think the traditional UK veg pickers were *children*? Ie,
people who lived in accommodation paid for by other people.

no - because they were available - others were working

Quite. Always a problem with seasonal work. There are fruit pickers that
move from country to country following the work.

--
*I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.