Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finally Dumping Micros**t and need wise advice

On 02/06/2018 07:07 PM, philo wrote:

[snip]

I've been using Linux since the year 2000 but only some MS applications
will run under WINE. No version of MS Office past 2000 will run on Linux
under WINE. Libre Office is a good alternative though.

I find that though Linux is now my main OS, there is almost no way to
100% give up Windows.

I have one program (plus a tax program at that time of year) that
requires Windows and will not run under WINE. I use a virtual machine
running Win 7 on a Linux host.

One advantage of that is that making a backup is easy. All the windows
stuff is on one file. One time I was doing this, the computer died and I
just copied the file to another one (no need to redo any Windows
installations).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains a popular item."