Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT item about why the British won't pick fruit and veg.

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Younger people are having to retire later, because they are expected
to live longer than I. This in part a result of the much healthier
world I and those like me have helped create for them. They are not
working longer to pay for me.

You have a very rose tinted view of the system. The retirement age has
been raised to save costs at that time. And to get people to pay into the
system for longer.

Just because people live longer does not necessarily mean they are fit to
work to a greater age.

--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.