Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Gas discharge bulb

On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 7:08:55 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 02/05/2018 06:01 PM, wrote:
On Monday, 5 February 2018 22:48:44 UTC, philo wrote:

It is not one of those, thank you, I will post a photo later.
There is nothing inside that I can see.

At any rate, if this halogen lamp works, it will probably be safer

yeah, we need to know what type of lamp really. Telling us the light colour would be a start, and over how long the brightness increases.

NT

Found a part number , it's this

https://www.bulbworks.com/light-bulbs/1406-04

It seems to be a 5000 watt lamp

HID lamps aren't my thing, but I believe they take a huge voltage spike to start. Halogen will give a small fraction of the output at that wavelength, increasing process times hugely.

NT

He said that it could do a burn in a minute or two but he does not need
to go that fast. He is hoping to do it in less than 15 minutes...so I
will have to wait for him to test it to see if it works at all.

Thank you

If it doesn't work, I'd check all those alternate part numbers in your link and see if any of those lamps could be matched to a ballast. You might be able to source a stand alone board. Or email companies like Ushio and see if they can help.