Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 5:33:30 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Cindy Hamilton:
I've never understood the "precision" argument. Does it matter whether
it's 70, 71, or 72 F ? I suppose 31, 32, and 33 F are more significant.

My take is that when you're out in it a couple degrees, or even 1 degree F
can be significant and it seems easier to say "Fifty-One: than
"Ten-point-six".

Or do people who use Celsius just drop the decimal and say "Ten-six"?

They would just say 10. At http://www.cbc.ca/windsor/weather/s0000646.html,
the current temperature is -14 and today's high is expected to be -5.
That's for Windsor, which is a short drive from where I am.

Cindy Hamilton