Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 13:29:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

I've never understood the "precision" argument. Does it matter whether
it's 70, 71, or 72 F ? I suppose 31, 32, and 33 F are more significant.

Cindy Hamilton

Yep. Pretty easy to tell if the milk is cold or the ice cream is melting.
Out of curiosity I checked the 3 thermometers in my house.
They are an "alcohol" wall thermo, digital thermostat, and digital meat thermo.
All of them read 70F.
Maybe those measuring cold are inaccurate.