Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Refrigerator: Fix or Replace ?

In article , lid
says...

Just ordered a replacement for the obviously-funky defrost heater.
Replacement includes thermostat.

I'll put those in, expect to get at least a couple weeks out of it even if
that's not the problem, and start pricing replacements.

Replacements are a little tricky in that it is a smaller unit and the space
it has to fit in just barely accommodates it.

I hate the houses that have only a certain small space for the
refregerator and stoves. The house I bought only had a small space and
could not fit in much of a frig. That is for a 4 bedroom house. As it
is just me and the wife it is ok, but for a large family the frig would
be on the small size.