Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Electronics help

On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 12:30:44 +0000, ss wrote:

Update:

I got the other charger working, replaced the fuse and no joy, it turned
out the fuse holder was faulty so replaced that and all ok now.

As for the other I may as well get a replacement for the faulty diode
and see what happens, now out of interest more than anything else due to
the other charger now working.

Thank all for the input and help given.

If it's not "information overload", I never had a supply blow one
rectifier.

The current that flows in the duff reccy invariably takes the other
out simply because you now have a mains input with a diode across L-N.

The fuse is no protection for the diodes, semiconductor rated fuses
would have no place in a SMPS feed.

I always replaced all four, they were cheap and technically two should
survive and not have sufferred any "trauma", but replacing all four
was a certain way of avoiding the pitfalls of erronious identification
and meter prods that might not have had a good contact.

On a plus point, I bought some reccys from Ebay for my Polaroid TV, I
was amazed at the price, If I were back in the trade I'd be buying
them in in the kg

If you are throwing any PC's out, the PSU's contain four suitable
mains recs. Even if they are cheap, it's not good to spend cash on
something you may have stashed in the shed.

AB