Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT Analog UHF TV transmissions.

On 26/01/2018 15:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
No cos the UK had a unique soung/vision separation of 6Mhz most of the rest
of the world used 5.5 or 6.5 mhz and many used Secam not pal.
However if they have a scart input you can still use them with the correct
convvertors as monitors ignoring the tuners. Also if you can get hold of
one, you can still use an old style video sender via analogue. I know this
is true as there is a person down the road with one and I cen get it on an
analogue set here, though he seems to mainly be watching Polish films.
Brian

I seem to remember this question being asked by people
emigrating to NZ, which uses PAL, but a UK TV would
not have any sound without modification.