Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Tile come off

On Saturday, 3 February 2018 21:38:36 UTC, Simon T wrote:
Had a tile come off my roof last weekend, think it must have come loose
during the high winds we had the other week, then last Saturday it
decided to slide down the roof and perch on the gutter (the sound of it
scraping down the roof being what alerted me to the problem).

Fortunately, I was able to grab it before it fell from its precarious
position and today managed to get up there and put it back in place.

However, what's troubling me is why did that one paricular tile come loose?

Having put it back, it seems no less sturdy than any of the other tiles
around it.

Should I be worried at the next high wind again?

Silly questions I know, but this is the first time this has happened to
me in the various homes I've lived in over the last 20 years or so.

Thanks in adavance.

Best Wishes
Simon T

---
http://www.avg.com

You don't say if the tile is damaged or not.
If not, the tile above it can be pushed up and it can be put back.
If damaged you'll need a new one.
Common sort of tile easily obtained.
In windy situations, alternate rows of tiles are nailed.
In sheltered situations, maybe every fourth row.