Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default PAT / safety-testing - domestic lighting?

On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 02:03:01 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 14:43:40 +0000,
(Roger Hayter)
wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 13:30:40 +0000,
(Roger Hayter)
wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Finally I can recommend the PAT testing course run by City & Guilds,
it's quite comprehensive and if you are fortunate enough to get
someone who sees it as a bit more than a sticker pasting operation, it
can be very interesting.

One I did yesterday ;-)

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/3/2...0579740_tp.jpg

AB

I used one of those as a teenager. Did it not have a wire guard at
some stage?

The later ones did.

A chrome grid that clipped into four holes in the reflector.

The device depicted does not have the mounting holes.

An excellent example of the dispensation with silly EU safety rules
that continue to deprive British manufacturers of vast profits for
shoddy unsafe goods.

On the plus point those heaters reduced the lung cancer rate amongst
smokers.

AB
You could actually light a cigarette from the bare wire version of the
elements. Handy if you had no matches.

You most certainly could!

And the "lucky" smokers were those that didnt remove the tinfoil from
the wrapper inside the ciggy packet.

The more astute removed the foil and went on to a miserable end.

AB

It is a very unfair world. The statistics are in their favour, but some
of the people who spend every waking minute doing healthy things still
come to a miserable end prematurely.

True!

The world would be a little more fair maybe, if we locked tobacco
company CEO's up alongside the other drug dealers :-)

AB