Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Electronics help

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 17:09:08 +0000, ss wrote:

On 03/02/2018 16:20, T i m wrote:
I will replace the fuse again.

I think you will have to.;-)

Ha ha yes of course, thought I better mention before before someone else
did. Fortunately they came in packs of 4.

Assuming you're discovering and replacing one faulty component at a
time, a pack of 4 fuses will allow you to replace as many as sigma 4 (10)
components in total before you run out of fuses. If you carry on the
procedure using another pack of fuses, you could land up replacing
components a total of 36 times (8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1).

I think your good fortune is that they *only* come in packs of four. I
can't see you investing in yet another pack to continue your "Suck it and
see" approach to repair by component substitution unless you really do
have nothing better to do with your spare time.

If you've seen any of my previous follow ups, you'll know exactly where
I'm coming from on this. :-)

--
Johnny B Good