Speedy Jim

Default Moen kitchen faucet model 87801

Ray wrote:

I was just given this faucet, new in the box, looks like a nice unit. It is
probably 20 years old. The instruction/parts sheet that came with it
indicates that there is a sister model that comes with a side spray unit.
Mine does not have this feature. Studying the parts sheet, it would appear
that all I would need to purchase is a hose nipple and replace the threaded
sealed end under tha tap, buy a side spray unit and away I go.

Is it this simple or are there other internal differences which make this
impossible.

Bottom line is that my wife would like a side spray unit and I am determined
to use the free faucet.

Any input?

There needs to be a "diverter valve" inside the base
of the spout for the spray wand to work. I bet it's
missing. Check Moen's web site or ask at a plumbing supply
house; it should be possible to do what you want.

Jim