Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default How To Chamfer Cabinet Door Frame?

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 10:36:09 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
How do you build doors like this one? Frame and panel, M&T joinery, inside
edge is chamfered.

https://tinyurl.com/ChamferDoor

This guys cleans up the corners after routing the assembled frame, but I
can't see (me) doing that for the 120+ corners I'd need to clean up for my
kitchen doors and drawers.

As best I understand, your doors are already built, right? And you want to chamfer the inside panel frame edges, right? You need, or looking for, a non-bearing bit whose profile is 45°, right?

Also, if so, I suppose you are using a hand held router, aligning auxiliary fence(s) for guidance.

I can mail you this one. You'd need to SLOW grind the profile, a little, to make it 45°. When grinding, make sure its ground equally, so that the bit is balanced. When done, mail it back to me. Is my initial assumptions (as to presently assembled doors) correct... if so, is this bit an option for you? The bit is 1/2" shaft.

Couple of pics, scroll right: https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

I might have another bit that I could give you, though it'd require more grinding, than the pictured one. I'll have to look further for another one.

Sonny