Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronics help

On Saturday, 3 February 2018 14:00:49 UTC, ss wrote:

Update:
So fuse arrived today, soldered in to the charger, switched on and POP!
That will be for the bin then as now beyond my understanding of electronics.
At least it never exploded this time.

Ok now waiting on replacement fuse & holder for the other charger,
fingers crossed.

worth replacing the 4 mains diodes if you know how, those are the most likely cause.

NT

I have taken out the doide that reads faulty. I assume its a straight
forward order, its a IN5399 any other rating to consider for ordering.

Is it worth replacing any other parts at this stage? I will replace the
fuse again.

1N5399 defines the ratings (not IN), so it's that simple. It just needs to go in the right way round, as per the original, line at the same end.

Other parts? We don't know is the only definitely correct answer. Anything else would result in no end of time wasting here. You might or might not need other parts.

When you power it up if you do so via a 100w light bulb it'll spare diode & fuse if anything else is faulty.

NT