Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall[_2_] Adrian Brentnall[_2_] is offline

Default PAT / safety-testing - domestic lighting?

On 03/02/2018 11:51, wrote:
On Saturday, 3 February 2018 10:49:02 UTC, FMurtz wrote:
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
On 02/02/2018 18:43, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 2 February 2018 16:41:24 UTC, Adrian BrentnallÂ* wrote:

I'm fairly sure leaded solder is not permitted under ROHS. If the
bulbholder is earthed the luminaire is class I, if compliant. Someone
else can comment on the shade.

In that case I'd better shut up shop! g
I would hope that there's a distinction between the use of
leaded/unleaded solder in electronics, and leaded solder in
traditionally-made craft items....

the solder question is a bit academic as the whole thing is made with
lead cames.(leadlight)

for which there are of course unleaded alternatives like copper strip. But Adrian doesn't want to go unleaded.

I'm sorry - you're getting well outside your field of expertise here.....