Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Electronics help

In article -
september.org, lid says...

In article ,
says...

In my dim and distant, working as a TV Engineer, another fuse went in
first.

The same when I was in the trade but remember, we weren't
powering up sets that hadn't seen the light of day, let alone
power, for 20, 30 years or more!

Actually, I think I ought to clarify this. If the fuse had
just gently parted companydue to an overload, after a quick
visual check it was easiest to replace the fuse, switch on and
look for smoke or possibly a valve anode starting to glow red
as the set warmed up. If you were lucky, this might point you
in exactly the right direction.

On the other hand, if the fuse had blown due to an obvious
short, as here, it would be a waste of time to just replace it
without carriying out an investigation first.

--

Terry

---
http://www.avg.com