Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Affix gutter to pole

Bill Gill posted for all of us...

On 2/2/2018 7:33 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Me wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas about how to affix a gutter to a metal
pole? The gutter runs from the porch down the supporting pole. It?s
just hanging there. When the wind blows, it clanks against the pole.
I?m desperate. Gorilla glue?

I assume this is a downspout, not an open gutter?

Use the metal straps sold for affixing the downspout to the structure
and screw them to the pole using #8 self drilling tapping, stainless,
sheetmetal screws.

OR

You could use UV resistant, high quality zip ties / tiewraps.

OR

You could use stainless steel bailing wire wrapped around the downspout
and pole and then twisted behind the pole.

Personally, I would probably give the tiewraps a shot, using a color
that blends in with the downspout. Quick and easy.

I have doubts about the long term use of tie wraps. They would
probably age out rather quickly. The metal downspout straps
are probably the best solution.

Bill

One can also use the outdoor rater weather resistant ties-usually black.

--
Tekkie