Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Cheap Chinese generators

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 18:11:28 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Johnny B Good wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP5100i-I...erator-Petrol-

Generator-
with-Battery-Key-Starter-generator/263383424663?
hash=item3d52e01e97:g:EdwAAOSwGkZZdQR1

Apologies for the very long url.

Don't apologise, just chop the junk out them ...

https://ebay.co.uk/itm/genny/263383424663

Magic! :-)

How can I recognise the junk parts of a url like that? I can see that I
need to keep the "https://www.ebay.co.uk" bit and also the need to
include the "263383424663" unique item code but how did you translate the
"/itm/HP5100i-Inverter-Generator-Petrol-Generator-with-Battery-Key-
Starter-generator/" into "/genny/"?

I'm all for eliminating the "JunkPadding" out of very long urls so would
love to know the 'rules' required to perform such a
"JunkPaddingectomy". :-)

BTW, rather annoyingly, the specifications don't mention voltage,
frequency[1] or type of sockets used which in the light of the mention of
"Gasoline Generator" on the fuel tank sticker leaves me rather nervous of
ordering such a product even if I hadn't already discounted it as being
needlessly more powerful than I require.

Indeed, try as I might, I wasn't able to track down any more information
than was shown on *any* seller's web pages I looked at. Anyone looking to
order one of these gensets will have to interrogate the seller for hard
information on these three key aspects (output voltage, frequency[1] and
socket type) before striking a deal.

[1] Some inverter gensets can be programmed for both voltage and
frequency output options.

--
Johnny B Good