Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Electronics help

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 15:29:34 +0000, ss wrote:

====snip====

Update:
So fuse arrived today, soldered in to the charger, switched on and POP!

Just as I expected and tried to advise you of this most likely outcome.
Once that safety fuse has blown, you can guarantee that the cause was an
HT switching transistor[1] going short circuit for one reason or another
which may well involve a fault in any of the components in the driving
and control circuitry. Just blindly replacing a blown HT switching
transistor is far from guaranteeing a successful repair.

That will be for the bin then as now beyond my understanding of
electronics.

And mine, too (and I'm far more knowledgeable of SMPSU basics than you
[2]).

At least it never exploded this time.

Probably just a matter of "dumb luck". :-)

Ok now waiting on replacement fuse & holder for the other charger,
fingers crossed.

From what I can recall, that looks a much better bet.

--
Johnny B Good