Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How to have several identical wireless doorbells respond to the same code?

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 12:35:22 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 14:46:46 +0000, T i m wrote:

I ran some Thin Ethernet in Heathrow T4 and they needed a specific
(Belden) cable (I think) that had a secondary foil screen because of
the high levels of RF / Radar that was about. Had I not used the
'right cable' I could easily say that 'Thin Ethernet sucked' when it
was clearly the result of the location. The fully loaded 8 port Thin
Ethernet repeater I installed at a previous job never had any issues
at all using standard RG-58C/U.

We had no end of intermittent problems with a repeater especially on
one or two segments.

snip

I turned up at a mates works for a cuppa and we got looking at an
issue they had been having for a while when trying to join 3 Thin
Ethernet repeaters together.

They had substituted and swapped around repeaters but with no
improvement.

Whilst standing there with my tea in front of this comms rack I asked
if they had any spare patch leads to try swapping out the neat 6"
long cables that were currently joining the repeaters together. They
found some 1m leads, swapped the short ones out and everything then
'just worked'. I thought I'd remember there being a minimum length
(.6m?) for a thin Ethernet cable and it seemed to be the case.

He asked me why the 'consultant' hadn't spotted that and of course I
couldn't answer. ;-)

Cheers, T i m