Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Electronics help

In article 481d0fbe-e0ce-451b-a273-
, says...

20mm glass fuses may be unsuitable if it's mains fusing, they have low rupturing capacity. A light bulb is a nondestructive option.
Of course if you put a 3A fuse in the plug you don't need one in the charger - purely for testing I mean.

Yes. There are usually two failure modes. In one, the wire
vapourises, coating the inside of the glass jet black or, in
more violent cases, the entire guts of the fuse disappear,
leaving only the two end caps. In such cases, I've never found
any trace of the glass or wire anywhere!

I've never seen one where half the glass and wire remain but
that glass does look unusually thick

--

Terry

---